LIONLENDER FINANCE PRIVATE LIMITED
PREVENTION OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY
|Definition of Sexual Harassment
|Responsibilities Regarding Sexual Harassment
|Procedures For Resolution, Settlement or Prosecution of Acts of Sexual Harassment
|Access To Reports And Documents
|Protection To Complainant / Victim
The Lionlender Finance Private Limited is committed to create and maintain a secure work environment where it’s Employees, Agents, Vendors and Partners can work and pursue business together in an atmosphere free of harassment, exploitation and intimidation caused by acts of Sexual Harassment within but not limited to the office premises and other locations directly related to the Company’sbusiness.
The objective of this policy is to provide protection against sexual harassment of women at workplace and for the prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for matters connected therewith.
All concerned should take cognizance of the fact that Lionlender Finance Private Limited strongly opposes sexual harassment, and that such behavior against women is prohibited by the law as set down in The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and Rules framed thereunder being the “The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace” (hereinafter referred to as “Act”) as well as the terms of employment. Commission of any act of sexual harassment as defined in the Act and in this Policy shall result in strict disciplinary action.
At Lionlender Finance Private Limited, we have zero-tolerance for sexual harassment. We value each and every employee working with us and wish to protect their dignity and self-respect. In doing so, we are determined to promote a working environment in which persons of both genders complement each other as equals in an environment that encourages maximum productivity and to keep the personal dignity.
We at Lionlender Finance Private Limited are committed towards giving every employee a just and fair hearing on issues encountered by them at the workplace with special attention to sexual harassment. Lionlender Finance Private Limited will take very serious disciplinary action against any victimization of the employee who is complaining or the alleged harasser that may result from a complaint.
This policy applies to all categories of employees of the Company including permanent management and workmen, temporaries, trainees and employees on contract at its workplace. The Company will not tolerate sexual harassment.
The workplace includes:
- All offices or other premises where the Company’s business is conducted.
- All company-related activities performed at any other site away from the Company’s
- Any social, business or other functions where the conduct or comments may have an adverse impact on the workplace or workplace relations.
Sexual harassment is judged by the impact on the complainant and not the intent of the Respondent. Sexual harassment as addressed in this Policy need not necessarily be from a male to a female employee, it can be vice versa as well as between individuals of same gender.
DEFINITION OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT:
Sexual harassment may be one or a series of incidents involving unsolicited and unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or any other verbal or physical conduct of sexual nature.
Sexual Harassment at the workplace includes following:
- Unwelcome sexual advances (verbal, written or physical);
- Demand or request for sexual favors;
- Any other type of sexually-oriented conduct;
- Verbal abuse or ‘joking’ that is sex-oriented;
- Any conduct that has the purpose or the effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment and/or submission to such conduct is either an explicit or implicit term or condition of employment and /or submission or rejection of the conduct is used as a basis for making employment decisions.
RESPONSIBILITIES REGARDING SEXUAL HARASSMENT:
All employees of the Company have a personal responsibility to ensure that their behavior is not contrary to this policy. All employees are encouraged to reinforce the maintenance of a work environment free from sexual harassment.
Whether or not such conduct constitutes an offence under law or a breach of the service rules, an appropriate complaint mechanism in the form of “Complaints Committee” has been created in the Company for time-bound redressal of the complaint made by the victim.
The Company has instituted a Complaints Committee for redressal of sexual harassment complaint (made by the victim) and for ensuring time bound treatment of such complaints.
Initially, and till further notice, the Complaints Committee will comprise of the following three members:
- Name -Chairperson
- Name – Member
- Name -Member
The Complaints Committee is responsible for:
- Investigating every formal written complaint of sexual harassment
- Taking appropriate remedial measures to respond to any substantiated allegations of sexual harassment
- Discouraging and preventing employment-related sexual harassment.
PROCEDURES FOR RESOLUTION, SETTLEMENT OR PROSECUTION OF ACTS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT:
The Company is committed to providing a supportive environment in which to resolve concerns of sexual harassment as under:
A. Informal Resolution Options
- When an incident of sexual harassment occurs, the victim of such conduct can communicate her disapproval and objections immediately to the harasser and request the harasser to behave
- If the harassment does not stop or if victim is not comfortable with addressing the harasser directly, victim can bring their concern to the attention of the Complaints Committee for redressal of grievances. The Complaints Committee will thereafter provide advice or extend support as requested and will undertake prompt investigation to resolve the
- Any employee with a harassment concern, who is not comfortable with the informal resolution options or has exhausted such options, may make a formal complaint to the Chairperson of the Complaints Committee constituted by the Management. The complaint shall have to be in writing and can be in form of a letter, preferably within 15 days from the date of occurrence of the alleged incident, sent in a sealed envelope. Alternately, the employee can send complaint through an email. The employee is required to disclose her name, department, division and location she is working in, to enable the Chairperson to contact her and take the matter forward.
- The Chairperson of the Complaints Committee will proceed to determine whether the allegations (assuming them to be true only for the purpose of this determination) made in the complaint fall under the purview of Sexual Harassment preferably within 30 days from receipt of the complaint. In the event, the allegation does not fall under the purview of Sexual Harassment or the allegation does not mean an offence of Sexual Harassment, chairperson will record this finding with reasons and communicate the same to the complainant.
- If the Chairperson of the Complaint Committee determines that the allegations constitute an act of sexual harassment, she will proceed to investigate the allegation with the assistance of the Complaints Committee.
- Where such conduct on the part of the accused amounts to a specific offence under the law, the Company shall initiate appropriate action in accordance with law by making a complaint with the appropriate authority.
- The Complaints Committee shall conduct such investigations in a timely manner and shall submit a written report containing the findings and recommendations to the Whole Time Director as soon as practically possible and in any case, not later than 90 days from the date of receipt of the complaint. The whole-time director will ensure corrective action on the recommendations of the Complaints Committee and keep the complainant informed of the same.
Corrective action may include any of the following:
- Written apology from offender,
- Bond of good behavior
- Debarring from supervisory duties
- Denial of employee benefits like increments/promotion/salary correction etc.
- Cancellation of specific work Assignment
In case the complaint is found to be false, the Complainant shall, if deemed fit, be liable for appropriate disciplinary action by the Management.
The Company understands that it is difficult for the victim to come forward with a complaint of sexual harassment and recognizes the victim’s interest in keeping the matter confidential.
To protect the interests of the victim, the accused person and others who may report incidents of sexual harassment, confidentiality will be maintained throughout any investigatory process to the extent practicable and appropriate under the circumstances.
ACCESS TO REPORTS AND DOCUMENTS:
All records of complaints, including contents of meetings, results of investigations and other relevant material will be kept confidential by the Company except where disclosure is required under disciplinary or other remedial processes.
PROTECTION TO COMPLAINANT / VICTIM:
The Company is committed to ensure that no employee who bring forward a harassment concern is subject to any form of reprisal. Any reprisal will be subject to disciplinary action.
The Company will ensure that victim or witnesses are not victimized or discriminated against while dealing with complaints of sexual harassment.
However, anyone who abuses the procedure (for example, by maliciously putting an allegation knowing it to be untrue) will be subject to disciplinary action.
Company reiterates its commitment to providing its women employees, a workplace free from harassment/ discrimination and where every employee is treated with dignity and respect.